This section includes DC Streetcar-related reports and studies published by the District Department of Transportation (DDOT) and the Office of Planning (OP).
Utilities Standard of Practice 2015 – version 1
The Utilities Standard of Practice covers the most commonly encountered utility issues. In the event that a unique resolution becomes necessary for an unusual condition that is not specifically or adequately addressed within the USP, a collaborative approach involving all affected stakeholders shall be initiated.
Read more here!
Comprehensive Assessment on Streetcar Propulsion Technology – July 2014
This report assesses the feasibility of various non-aerial motive power technologies for streetcar propulsion in the District of Columbia. Following Section A, background materials are compiled.
- Executive Summary and Section A – Summary Assessment on Streetcar Propulsion Technology, 2014
- Section B – Wireless Operation in the District of Columbia, 2011
- Section C – Wireless Streetcar Applications for the District of Columbia Mayor’s Streetcar Finance & Governance Task Force Presentation, 2013
- Section D – Union Station to Georgetown Propulsion Study Index, 2013 (Parsed due to large file sizes)
The following reports are all related to the H Street/Benning Road Corridor:
- MOA between DDOT and SHPO – May 2013
- Air Quality Technical Report – May 2013
- H/Benning Traffic study – May 2013
- Area of Potential Effects map (H/Benning Historic Architectural Survey) -_April 2013
- H/Benning Historic Architectural Survey -_April 2013
- Noise & Vibration Technical Report – April 2013
- Environmental Site Assessment Report for Car Barn Training Center – February 2012
The DC Streetcar Design Criteria provide a general framework and the basis for a uniform design for the proposed DC streetcar system. These guidelines will allow DDOT, agencies, consultants, planners, engineers and other professionals to develop preliminary and final designs for any streetcar project that might be undertaken by the District of Columbia.
Streetcar Land Use Study – January 2012
The Streetcar Land Use Study serves as baseline information which OP, DDOT and other involved agencies may use to make recommendations regarding the District’s streetcar system. As DDOT completes system planning for each corridor, extensive public outreach to local residents and businesses will take place. Final decisions for the system will ultimately be subject to all applicable laws and regulations.
DC Transit Future System Plan – April 2010
DC’s Transit Future System Plan establishes new, efficient, high-quality surface-transit network that supports community and economic development initiatives and connects residents and neighborhoods to employment centers, commercial areas, recreational facilities, and multimodal transportation hubs.
DC Transit Improvements Alternatives Analysis – October 2005
The DCAA is a comprehensive evaluation of surface transportation alternatives to meet the intra-city access and mobility needs of DC residents, employees and visitors. It is a multi-corridor, multimodal study of transportation alternatives used to define a network of efficient, high-quality surface transit access across the District, thereby offering additional connections between the existing Metrobus and Metrorail systems, as well as to key activity centers across the region.