A public meeting for the System Plan 2014 Update has been scheduled for Wednesday, October 22nd. More information here.
As established in the DC Transit Future System Plan, the 37-mile streetcar network is a broad, 30-year streetcar vision for the District that will touch all eight Wards. The goals of the 37-mile streetcar network include:
- Link neighborhoods with a modern, convenient and attractive transportation alternative;
- Provide quality service to attract and reach new transit ridership;
- Offer a broader range of transit options for District residents;
- Reduce short inner-city auto trips, parking demand, traffic congestion, and air pollution; and
- Encourage economic development and affordable housing options along streetcar corridors.